The extended Bureau is composed of the members of the Bureau, the leaders of the political groups and the chairmen of the committees.
The extended Bureau organises the Parliament's work. This includes in particular:
- the setting of the work schedule of the plenary assembly and the committees,
- the determination of the days, on which no meetings are to be held,
- the preparation of a proposal for the agenda of the plenary assembly,
- the authorisation of meetings and parliamentary activities which do not take place at the Parliament and its foreseeable costs which exceed a sum fixed by the extended Bureau,
- the approval and organisation of study and information trips.